Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche
Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche (Tib. རྫོགས་ཆེན་དཔོན་སློབ་, Wyl. rdzogs chen dpon slob) Karma Sungrap Ngedön Tenpa Gyaltsen (b.1965) — the seventh incarnation of Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche was born at Rumtek Monastery in Sikkim, in 1965, and was immediately recognised by His Holiness the Sixteenth Gyalwa Karmapa. He has studied at Columbia University in New York and is fluent in English. Rinpoche has been travelling and teaching in the West since 1980, when he toured with His Holiness Karmapa. Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche is known for the lucidity of his teachings, and his sharp intellect and humour.
Ponlop Rinpoche formally established Nalandabodhi as his primary teaching organization and sangha community in 1997, and Nalandabodhi soon developed into an international network of Buddhist study and practice centers.
In 2001 Ponlop Rinpoche made Seattle the home base for his growing dharma activities, including Nalandabodhi, Nitartha International, and Nitartha Institute for Higher Buddhist Studies.
- 16th Karmapa
- Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
- Kalu Rinpoche
- Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
- Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche
- Alak Zenkar Rinpoche
- Khenpo Tsultrim Gyamtso Rinpoche
- Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
- Khenpo Dazer
Visits to Rigpa Centres
- Lerab Ling, August 1994
- Teachings on 'The Heart of Mahamudra and Dzogchen'. These teachings are published in Wild Awakening.
- Paris, 27 October 1994
- Lerab Ling, 29-31 October 1994
- Rigpa London, 5-13 November 1994
- Munich, 19-20 November 1994
- Teachings on 'The View of Reality in Tibetan Buddhism'
- Munich, 18-19 November 1994
- Kirchheim Retreat 1998-1999
- Lerab Ling, August 2002
- Lerab Ling, 9-11 September 2011, 'Wild Awakening: The Heart of Mahamudra and Dzogchen'
- Rigpa centre, Levallois, France, 21-23 September 2012: 'Rebel Buddha'
- Lerab Ling, 9-10 November 2019, Emotional Rescue
- Rigpa centre, Levallois, France:
- 12 November 2019: 'Emotional Rescue'
- 13 November 2019: the three yanas and answering questions (sangha talk)
- Rigpa London, UK, 15-17 November 2019: Emotional Rescue
- Dharma Mati, Germany, online, 13 June 2020: Perfect Samsara—The Two Truths as the key to understanding, tolerance and humour
- Dzogchen Ponlop, Emotional Rescue (Tarcher, April 2017)
- Dzogchen Ponlop, Rebel Buddha (Boston: Shambhala, 2010)
- Dzogchen Ponlop, Great Perfection: Outer and Inner Preliminaries, Introduction (Ithaca: Snow Lion Publications, 2007)
- Dzogchen Ponlop, Mind Beyond Death (Ithaca: Snow Lion Publications, 2006)
- The Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche, Penetrating Wisdom: The Aspiration of Samantabhadra, (Ithaca: Snow Lion Publications, 2006)
- Dzogchen Ponlop, Wild Awakening: The Heart of Mahamudra & Dzogchen (Boston: Shambhala, 2004)
- Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche, Profound View, Fearless Path: The Bodhisattva Vow (Siddhi Publications, 2000)
- Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche, Turning Towards Liberation, The Four Reminders (Siddhi Publications, 2000)
- Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche, Entering the Path (Siddhi Publications, 2000)