Khamtrul Rinpoche Incarnation Line
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Khamtrul Rinpoche Incarnation Line — the successive incarnations of Khampa Karma Tenphel, an important Drukpa Kagyü master. The main seat of this incarnation line was Khampagar Monastery in Kham, Eastern Tibet, and was considered one of the foremost monasteries of the Drukpa Kagyü lineage. The Eighth Khamtrul Rinpoche, Dongyü Nyima, rebuilt Khampagar Monastery in Tashi Jong, Himachal Pradesh, India, in the late 1960s.
- Khampa Karma Tenphel (1569-1637)
- Kunga Tenphel (1639-1678)
- Ngawang Kunga Tenzin (1680-1728)
- Tenzin Chökyi Nyima (1730-1779/80)
- Drupgyü Nyima (1781-1847)
- Tenpé Nyima (1849-1907)
- Sangyé Tenzin (1909-1929)
- Dongyü Nyima (1930-1979)
- There are two reincarnations of Khamtrul Rinpoche Dongyü Nyima:
- The Ninth Khamtrul Rinpoche Dokhampa Shedrub Nyima (b.1982) who currently resides at Khampagar Monastery in Tashi Jong, India, and
- The Ninth Khamtrul Rinpoche Jigme Pema Nyinjadh (b.1981) who currently resides in Bhutan.