Five inner enabling empowerments
Five inner enabling empowerments (Tib. ནུས་པའི་དབང་ལྔ་, Wyl. nus pa'i dbang lnga) — five empowerments conferred as an entry point to the practice of Mahayoga in order to ripen students who have diligence. These five empowerments are subdivisions of the vase empowerment. They are:
- the empowerment of Ratnasambhava concerning listening
- the empowerment of Akshobhya concerning meditation
- the empowerment of Amitabha concerning teaching
- the empowerment of Amoghasiddhi concerning enlightened activity
- the empowerment of the five buddha families concerning the infinite teachings of the vajra king
- Jamgön Kongtrul, The Treasury of Knowledge, Book Six, Part Four: Systems of Buddhist Tantra, translated by Elio Guarisco and Ingrid McLeod (Ithaca: Snow Lion, 2005), page 315.
- Longchenpa, Dispelling Darkness in the Ten Directions, pages 372-376.