Four great logical arguments of the Middle Way
From Rigpa Wiki
- The investigation of the cause: the Diamond Splinters
- The investigation of the result: refuting existent or non-existent results
- The investigation of the essential identity: ‘neither one nor many’
- The investigation of all: the Great Interdependence
Sometimes it is said that there are ‘five great arguments of the Middle Way,’ but, according to Mipham Rinpoche, the fifth—the investigation of both the cause and the effect: refuting production according to the four alternatives—can be included within the first category, i.e., the investigation of the cause.
- Kangyur Rinpoche, Treasury of Precious Qualities (Boston & London: Shambhala, 2001), pages 334-338.
- Ringu Tulku, The Ri-me Philosophy of Jamgön Kongtrul the Great (Boston & London: Shambhala Publications, 2006), pages 199-202.