Ringu Tulku Rinpoche Shedra East 2010 Q&A session
On 23 February 2010, the Rigpa shedra was invited to meet with Ringu Tulku Rinpoche in Kathmandu. After diverse adventures and teachings throughout Nepal during the Losar break, the shedra students had also enjoyed an audience with Sogyal Rinpoche and Khenpo Namdrol Rinpoche earlier that day. The group then met for lunch at Shechen Gompa and made their way along winding lanes behind the holy stupa of Boudhanath to Ringu Tulku Rinpoche’s house. They were greeted initially by barking dogs, friendly youngsters and other signs of normal family life. In his shrine room at the top of the house, Rinpoche gave the shedra group a warm and gracious welcome.
Shedra students presented some of their most burning questions, which Rinpoche addressed with profound simplicity and humour.
In this teaching Rinpoche covers the following topics:
- Contemplating the meaning of the Umalajukpa
- The meaning of emptiness with compassion as its very essence
- The two truths
- The link between dependent origination and reincarnation
- Clear seeing as dependent arising
- The nature of experiences in deep meditation
- How the accumulation of merit leads to Buddhahood
- The meaning of prayer in Buddhism
- How to work with desire
Download the entire teaching as MP3
You can also view the teaching on line at RigpaShedra.org