From Rigpa Wiki
|This section contains Tibetan script. Without proper Tibetan rendering support configured, you may see other symbols instead of Tibetan script.|
- the natural bardo of this life which begins when a connection with a new birth is first made and continues until the conditions that will certainly lead to death become manifest.
- the painful bardo of dying which begins when these conditions manifest and continues until the 'inner respiration' ceases and the luminosity of the dharmakaya dawns.
- the luminous bardo of dharmata which lasts from the moment the dharmakaya luminosity dawns after death and continues until the visions of precious spontaneous perfection are complete.
- the karmic bardo of becoming which lasts from the moment the bardo body is created and continues until the connection with a new rebirth is made.
- the bardo of meditation (Skt. samādhyantarābhava; Wyl. bsam gtan gyi bar do)
- the bardo of dreaming (Skt. svapanāntarābhava; Wyl. rmi lam gyi bar do)
Empowerments Given to the Rigpa Sangha
- His Holiness Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Pure Appearance—Development and Completion Stages in the Vajrayana Practice (Halifax: Vajravairochana Translation Committee, 2002), pages 33-66. restricted publication