Jikme Lingpa's Collected Works
Jikme Lingpa's Collected Works — there exist three editions of Jikme Lingpa's collected works: the Adzom Chögar, the Derge and the Lhasa editions. The Derge edition was published shortly after his death and proofread by Katok Getse in 1802. In the beginning of the 20th century, the Lhasa edition was produced, as well as the Adzom Chögar edition, which was compiled by students of Adzom Gyalse Gyurme Dorje.
His collected works consists roughly of the following:
- The massive auto-commentary on the Treasury of Precious Qualities (volume 1 & 2)
- A History of the Nyingma Tantras (large part of vol. 3)
- Detailed Commentary on the Lama Gongdü (considerable part of vol. 4)
- Other texts (rest of vol 4. and vol. 5)
- Gyüluk Phurba (vol. 6)
- The Longchen Nyingtik treasure revelations and related texts, such as the famous Yeshe Lama and the Staircase to Akanishtha (vol. 7 & 8)
- His auto-biography and other biographical works (vol. 9)
It seems that Jigme Lingpa had already somewhat collected his writings during his lifetime, since he writes in his autobiography that he gave a transmission for his collected works around 1794. Jigme Lingpa also reports in his autobiography about a letter that he receive from Derge at the end of his life, probably in 1798, which requested him to send authorative copies of his Treasury of Precious Qualities, his writings on Vajrakilaya, the Longchen Nyingtik and his autobiography.
Jikme Losal Özer indicates in his catalogue of the Longchen Nyingtik Core Texts called An Illuminating Ornament of Brilliant Sunlight that the Longchen Nyingtik was published in 1802. Katok Getse refrains in his catalogue of Jikme Lingpa's works from listing the contents of the Longchen Nyingtik and instead refers to Jikme Losal Özer's catalogue An Illuminating Ornament of Brilliant Sunlight, and so we can conclude that the Derge edition of the entire works of Jikme Lingpa was published either together with the Longchen Nyingtik texts, or later in that same year of 1802, or even later.
(The translations of the titles below are provisional)
- 1 Derge Edition
- 2 Volume 1
- 3 Volume 2
- 4 Volume 3
- 5 Volume 4
- 6 Volume 5
- 7 Volume 6
- 8 Volume 7
- 9 Volume 8
- 10 Volume 9
- 11 Notes
- 12 Further Reading
- 13 External Links
The Derge edition has been reproduced by Dodrupchen in Sikkim (1985) in 9 volumes.
- The Rain of Joy: The Treasury of Precious Qualities (yon tan rin po che'i mdzod dga' ba'i char) (3-104)
- English Translation: Treasury of Precious Qualities called The Rain of Joy, in Longchen Yeshe Dorje, Kangyur Rinpoche and Jigme Lingpa, Treasury of Precious Qualities: Book One, revised edition Shambhala, 2010: pages 15-104
- Colophon: The Treasury of Precious Qualities called The Rain of Joy was written in glorious Pema Oling, at the request of Chöje Drakpuk-pa of Latö, by the Dzogchen yogi Rangjung Dorje Khyentse Ozer, who touched with the crown of his head the dust of the feet of Padmasambhava, the second Buddha.
- The Chariot of the Two Truths: A Vast Commentary on the Treasury of Precious Qualities (yon tan rin po che'i mdzod kyi rgya cher 'grel pa bden gnyis shing rta) (105-1026)
- The Chariot of Omniscience: A Vast Commentary on the Result Vehicle Section of the Treasury of Precious Qualities (yon tan rin po che'i mdzod las 'bras bu'i theg pa'i rgya cher 'grel rnam mkhyen shing rta) (3-884)
- An Ornament which Pervades the World: A History of the Precious Collection of Tantras of the Earlier Translation School (snga 'gyur rgyud 'bum rin po che'i rtogs brjod 'dzam gling tha gru khyab pa'i rgyan) (3-502)
- A Treasury of Āgama: A Treatise Consisting of Valuable Questions and Answers (dris lan rin po che'i bstan bcos lung gi gter mdzod) (503-878)
- Further reading: Kawamura, L. S., On ‘Jigs-med gling-pa’s Dris lan rin po che’i bstan bcos lung gi gter mdzod. Monograph Series - Naritasan Institute for Buddhist Studies Occasional Papers, 1992, 2:121-130.
- Bountiful Light Rays from the Mirror of Wisdom and Love: A Detailed Commentary on Lama Gongdü (dgongs 'dus rnam bshad mkhyen brtse'i me long 'od zer brgya pa) (3-373)
- An Ocean of Vehicles: A Collection of Advice and Stories (gtam tshogs theg pa'i rgya mtsho) (374-918)
It contains the following:
- Collection of Texts Pertaining to the Inner Science, such as Advice on the Tripiṭaka (sde snod gsum sogs bshad pa nang rig pa'i skor （1）) ()
- (nam mkha' brtag pa gza' dang rgyud skar gyi gtam go la'i rna rgyan （skar rtsis kyi rig pa la 'jug pa）（2）) ()
- Discourse on the Southern Country of India (lho phyogs rgya gar gyi gtam （3）) ()
- English Translation: Aris, Michael. 'Jigs-Med-Gling-Pa’s “Discourse on India” of 1789: A Critical Edition and Annotated Translation of the Lho-Phyogs Rgya-Gar-Gyi Gtam Brtag-Pa Brgyad-Kyi Me-Long. Tokyo: The International Institute for Buddhist Studies of ICABS, 1995.
- Discourse on the Analysis of Jewels (rin po che brtag pa'i gtam （4）) ()
- Discourse on Poetry (snyan ngag gi gtam （5）) ()
- A Letter to Kings and Their Subjects (rgyal po dang dmangs la spring ba'i gtam （6）) ()
- A Letter to the King of Derge (sa skyong sde dge la spring ba'i gtam （7）) ()
- A Letter to the Prince (rgyal bu la spring ba'i gtam （8）) ()
- A Letter to the Queen (btsun mo la spring ba'i gtam （9）) ()
- English translation: A Letter to the Queen, translated by Jann Ronis, in Gayley, Holly, and Joshua Schapiro, eds. A Gathering of Brilliant Moons: Practice Advice from the Rime Masters of Tibet. Somerville, MA: Wisdom Publications, 2017. Pages 109-122.
- Colophon: The Dzokchen practitioner Rangjung Dorjé completed these instructions for Ngangtsul Jangchup Gyalmo, the excellent queen of Degé, kingdom of the Earth Protectors (sakyong).
- Commentary: btsun mo la spring ba'i gtam dam pa'i gan mdzod gyi 'grel pa tshig nyung don rgyas (not in collected works), by Getse Mahapandita Gyurme Tsewang Chokdrup
- A Letter to the Subjects (dmangs la spring ba'i gtam （10）) ()
- A Letter to the Regent of Bhota (b+ho Ta'i srid skyong la spring ba'i gtam （11）) ()
- A Letter to Holy Beings (Check) (dam pa la spring ba'i gtam （12）) ()
- A Discourse Urging Great Teachers to Live in Solitude (check) (ston chen dben pa la bskul ba'i gtam （13）) ()
- A Letter to Students (slob ma la spring ba'i gtam （14）) ()
- A Discourse on the Spiritual Friend the Buddha (bshes gnyen bud+dha la spring ba'i gtam （15) ()
- (dga' ldan byang rtse ba bshes gnyen phrin las thogs med la spring ba'i gtam （16）) ()
- A Letter to the Gurus (bla ma la spring ba'i gtam （17）) ()
- A Letter to Lhodrag Sungtrul (lho brag gsung sprul la spring ba'i gtam （18) ()
- A Discourse on Meditation (sgom pa la spring ba'i gtam （19）) ()
- (spong ba bsam gtan pa la spring ba'i gtam （20）) ()
- A Letter to Bhikṣus (dge slong la spring ba'i gtam （21) ()
- A Letter to Those Who Have Gone Forth (rab byung la spring ba'i gtam （22) ()
- Advice for Mantrikas: Illuminating the Ocean of Samayas, A Commentary on the Fourth Chapter of the Confession Tantra (sngags pa la spring ba'i gtam bshags le bzhi pa'i TI ka dam tshig rgya mtsho'i gsal byed （23) ()
- A Discourse on the Eight Classes (sde brgyad la spring ba'i gtam （24）) ()
- A Discourse on the Evil Spirits of the Ten Directions (phyogs bcu'i gdon tshogs la spring ba'i gtam （25）) ()
- A Discourse on Elemental Spirits ('byung po'i sde la spring ba'i gtam （26）) ()
- A Letter to Bandits (ar jag la spring ba'i gtam （27）) ()
- A Letter to Pilgrims (gnas bskor ba la spring ba'i gtam （28）) ()
- Discourse on Samyé Monastery (bsam yas gtsug lag khang gi gtam （29）) ()
- Discourse on the Arya Palo Ling Temple (Ar+ya pa lo'i gling gi gtam （30）) ()
- Discourse on the Glorious Samyé Chimpu Caves (dpal gyi bsam yas mchims phu'i gtam （31）) ()
- English translation: The Cuckoo’s Call: A Guide to Glorious Samye Chimphu
- Colophon: The Dzokchen practitioner Rangjung Dorjé (a.k.a. Jikmé Lingpa) completed these instructions for Ngangtsul Jangchup Gyalmo, the excellent queen of Degé, kingdom of the Earth Protectors (sakyong).
- Discourse on the Consecration of the Stūpa at Samyé (bsam yas gtsug lag khang la dngul dkar zhun ma thur srang brgya phrag lnga dang gser rdo tshad gnyis las bskrun pa'i mchod sdong phul nas brtan zhugs gsol ba'i gtam （32）) ()
- Discourse on Guru Tsokyé Dorjé and Shyabjé Rinpoche (gu ru mtsho skyes rdo rje dang zhabs rjes rin po che'i gtam （33）) ()
- Discourse on the Assembly Hall of Shyutö Terdrom Khandro (gzhu stod gter sgrom mkha' 'gro'i tshogs khang gi gtam （34）) ()
- Discourse on the Temple of the Hat in Uru (dbu ru zhwa lha khang gi gtam （35）) ()
- Discourse on Lho Mön Karpo Zang (lho mon dkar po zangs kyi gtam （36）) ()
- Discourse on the Tomb of Tashi Songtsen (bkra shis srong btsan bang so'i gtam （37）) ()
- (bkra shis srong btsan bang so'i dkar chag 'bring por byas pa n.ya gro d+ha'i chun 'phang （38）) ()
- Discourse on Palri Tekpa Chenpö Ling (dpal ri theg pa chen po'i gling gi gtam （39）) ()
- Discourse on the Images and Their Consecration at Pema Ösal Tekchok Ling (pad ma 'od gsal theg mchog gling gi rten dang brten par bcas pa'i gtam （40）) ()
- (gtsang ru lag rgyal byed tshal lam gsang sngags theg mchog gling gi gtam 41）) ()
- A History of the Creation of the Collected Tantras at Tsona (mtsho snar rgyud 'bum bzhengs pa'i gtam （42）) ()
- (sa skyong sde dge'i rgyal khab tu snga 'gyur rgyud 'bum rin po che par du bzhengs pa'i dus zhu chen rnam gnyis la skabs dbye ba'i gtam （43）) ()
- (dpal glo don stengs kyi mchod rten bkra shis 'od 'bar gyi gtam （44）) ()
- (bde bar gshegs pa'i mchod rten brgyad kyi thig gi gtam （45）) ()
- (mchod sbyin gyi gtam （46)) ()
- Advice on Offering a Maṇḍala (maN+Dal gyi gtam （47）) ()
- Advice on Dedicating the Roots of Virtue to Awakening (dge rtsa byang chub tu bsngo ba'i gtam （48）) ()
- (nags tshal gyi gtam （49）) ()
- ('dab chags kyi gtam （50）) ()
- (ri dwags kyi gtam （51）) ()
- (ri bong shin tu brtan pa'i gtam （52）) ()
- ('du 'dzi la skyo ba'i gtam （53）) ()
- (blo ldan b+hu ma ra'i gtam （54）) ()
- Advice on the Ten Dharmic Activities (chos spyod bcu'i gtam （55）) ()
- Advice on Mindfulness (dran pa'i gtam （56）) ()
- Advice on Mindfulness and Vigilance (dran dang shes bzhin las 'phros pa'i gtam （57）) ()
- Advice Based on The Perfection of Wisdom in Eighteen Thousand Lines ('phags pa'i stong phrag brgya pa las 'phros pa'i gtam （58）) ()
- Advice on the Treatises on the Tenet Systems (grub pa'i mtha' rab tu 'byed pa'i gtam （59）) ()
- An Adornment of Precious Disciples: Advice Investigating the Prohibitions of the Ten Non-Virtuous Actions (mi dge bcu spong gi gnang bkag la dpyad pa'i gtam tshul khrims rin po che'i rgyan （60）) ()
- Advice on Distinguishing the True Nature of Mahāmudrā and the Great Perfection (phyag rdzogs kyi de kho na nyid rab tu dbye ba'i gtam （61）) ()
- Advice Concerning the Unchanging Reality (chos nyid rnam par ma gyur pa'i gtam （62）) ()
- (gnas min gyi brgal brtag la skyo ba'i gtam （63）) ()
- The Drum of Victory of the Gods: Investigating the Approximate Ultimate (rnam grangs kyi don dam la dpyad pa'i gtam lha'i rgyal rnga （64）) ()
- (shin tu rnal 'byor grub mtha' bzhi la rton pa'i gtam （65）) ()
- Advice on Primordial Liberation and Purity (ye grol ka dag gi gtam （66）) ()
- Advice on the Perfection of Wisdom (ye shes kyi pha rol tu phyin pa'i gtam （67）) ()
- Advice on Refuting Bias Concerning the Tantras (tan+tra'i phyogs 'dzin bzlog pa'i gtam （68）) ()
- Advice on the Four Reliances (rton pa bzhi ldan gyi gtam （69）) ()
- Advice on Insight (shes rab kyi gtam （70）) ()
- Advice on the Heart of Wisdom (shes rab snying po'i gtam （71） ) ()
- Advice on the Condensed Heart of Wisdom (shes rab snying po'i don bsdus kyi gtam （72）) ()
- Advice on Taking Illness on the Path (na tsha lam khyer gyi gtam （73）) ()
- The Full Discernment of Phenomena: A Catalog of the Complete Collected Works of the Omniscient King of Dharma Rigdzin Jikme Lingpa, by Katok Getse Gyurme Tsewang Chokdrup (kun mkhyen chos kyi rgyal po rig 'dzin 'jigs med gling pa'i bka' 'bum yong rdzogs kyi bzhugs byang chos rab rnam 'byed). Gyatso notes that the first fourteen pages list Jikme Lingpa's past lives and summarize his current one and the rest of the text is a catalogue of his collected works.
Collection of Praises
(bstod tshogs) ()
- (skyes pa rabs kyi rgyud snyan dngags dam pa'i 'khri shing du bsngags pa'i pra ni d+ha mi'am ci kun tu dga' ba'i zlos gar) ()
-The Lute of Brahmā: A Collection of Praises to the Buddhas and Emanated Boddhisattvas (sangs rgyas byang sems sprul pa dang bcas pa'i bstod tshogs tshangs pa'i rgyud mang ) ()
- (thub dbang grong khyer ma la bstod pa) ()
- The Messenger of Faith: A Praise to the Thus Gone Buddhas of the Three Times and Ten Directions Based on Their Names (dus gsum phyogs bcu'i de bzhin gshegs pa rnams la mtshan don gyi sgo nas bsngags pa dad pa'i pho nya) ()
- A Praise to the New Publication of the Collected Nyingma Tantras (rnying ma rgyud 'bum gsar bzhengs la bsngags pa) ()
- (de bzhin gshegs pa'i mchod rten rnam pa thams cad rdzogs pa brgyad la bstod pa) ()
- A Praise to the Great Saṅgha of the Eight Close Sons Bodhisattvas (byang chub sems dpa'i dge 'dun chen po nye ba'i sras brgyad la bstod pa) ()
- (cho 'phrul chen mo'i dus chen ched du brjod pa'i tshogs gnyis shing rta) ()
- A Praise to the Secret Practice of the Blessed One Play of Supreme Horse (bcom ldan 'das rta mchog rol pa gsang sgrub la bstod pa) ()
- A Praise of the Thirteen Pith Instructions of the Treasury of Precious Qualities (yon tan mdzod las gsungs pa'i man ngag bcu gsum la bstod pa) ()
- A Praise to the Eight Manifestations of Guru Rinpoche (sprul pa'i sku mtshan brgyad la bstod pa) ()
- A Lute of the Joyful Gandharvas: A Praise to the Omniscient Lord of Speech of Samye (bsam yas pa kun mkhyen ngag gi dbang por bstod pa gaN+d+ha rab dga'i rgyud mang ) ()
- English translation: (mostly) The Queen of Spring's Far-Reaching Song, in Nyoshul Khenpo Jamyang Dorjé and Sogyal Rinpoche, A Marvelous Garland of Rare Gems: Biographies of Masters of Awareness in the Dzogchen Lineage, trans. Richard Barron, 1st edition (Junction City, CA: Padma Publishing, 2005), pages 204–212.
- Intentional Statements (tshigs su bcad pa) ()
- A Praise of Glorious Samye Chimpu (dpal gyi bsam yas mchims phu la bstod pardo rje'i kA ma ka) ()
1. Collection of Liturgies and Arrangements
(dpe phran sna tshogs kyi skor) (chos spyod bstan pa yongs rdzogs) ()
- (dang po ngag 'don chos spyod kyi skor chog bsgrigs ma) ()
- Sampa Nyur Drupma—'The Prayer that Swiftly Fulfils All Wishes' (gu ru'i gsol 'debs bsam pa myur 'grub ma) (144-145)
- English translation: Sampa Nyur Drupma—'The Prayer that Swiftly Fulfils All Wishes. Rigpa Translations. Revised 2018.
- Colophon: This prayer should be kept in the hearts of all those with faith, who wish to benefit the land of Tibet, pacify illness, prevent famine and border invasions, and contribute to the welfare of the teachings and beings. The first stanza is taken from the verses of praise in ‘The Infinite Cloud Banks of Profound Meaning’ (Zabdön Gyatsö Trinpung), the ‘background teachings’ to the omniscient Longchenpa’s Khandro Yangtik, and the later verses are the blessed vajra words of the second omniscient one, Rigdzin Jikmé Lingpa.
- In Praise of the Goddess Mārīcī (lha mo 'od zer can la bstod pa) (145)
- English translation: In Praise of the Goddess Mārīcī.
- Colophon: The vidyādhara Jikmé Lingpa wrote this in order to bring protection from fear in these turbulent times.
2. Collection of Sadhanas
- (gnyis pa sgrub thabs sna tshogs pa'i skor) ()
3. Collection of Activity Manuals
- (gsum pa_phrin las sna tshogs pa'i skor) ()
4. Collection of Clarifications and Commentaries
- (bzhi pa_TI ka gsal byed kyi skor) ()
5. Collection of Offering Texts to Deities and Protectors
- (lnga pa_lha srung gsol mchod kyi skor) ()
6. Miscellaneous Texts
- (drug pa_thor bu sna tshogs kyi skor) ()
- (sngon 'gro dngos gzhi'i lam bsdus)
- A Vine Leading to the Higher Realms: A Ritual for Giving the Refuge Vows(skyabs sdom 'bogs chog mtho ris 'khri shing)
- A Practice of Paying Homage and Making Offerings to the Sixteen Elders (gnas brtan phyag mchod) (683-688)
- English translation: A Practice of Paying Homage and Making Offerings to the Sixteen Elders. Translated by Adam Pearcey, 2017.
- Colophon: In response to a request from the supreme of devoted disciples, the Third Nyidrak Rinpoche, I, Dzogchen Rangjung Dorje, composed this in Drikung in the Upper Central Horn of Tibet by leaving untouched the words of the Kashmiri Paṇḍita and adding some verses at the beginning and end.
- Excellent Intention: A Simple Fasting (Nyungné) Ritual (smyung gnas kyi cho ga mdor bsdus 'dun pa bzang po)
- English translation: Excellent Intention: A Simple Fasting (Nyungné) Ritua. Translated by Adam Pearcey, 2019.
- Colophon: Thus, this was composed by the one who relies exclusively on faith for the sake of my past mothers, who are unable to practise the fasting ritual of Bhikṣuṇī Lakṣmī (Gelongma Palmo) exactly as stated in the texts and might even fail to understand the liturgy, and dispatched from Pema Ö Ling (The Sanctuary of Lotus Light). May it be of benefit to beings!
- A Guru Yoga based on Vajrasattva: Cultivating the Pure Realm of Manifest Joy, རྡོར་སེམས་ - རྡོ་རྗེ་སེམས་དཔའ་ལ་བརྟེན་པའི་བླ་མའི་རྣལ་འབྱོར་མངོན་དགའི་ཞིང་སྦྱོང་, rdor sems - rdo rje sems dpa' la brten pa'i bla ma'i rnal 'byor mngon dga'i zhing sbyong)
- English translation: Cultivating the Pure Realm of Manifest Joy: A Guru Yoga of Vajrasattva, translated by Han Kop and edited by Aaron Coote, 2019.
- Colophon: This was revealed by the awareness holder Jikdral Lingpa through the mind-direct transmission of the conquerors for the benefit of the chieftain Özer Trinlé.
- (sangs rgyas snang ba mtha' yas la brten pa'i sku gsum bla ma'i rnal 'byor)
- (snga 'gyur bstan pa'i srol 'byed chen po rnams la gsol 'debs)
- A Prayer to Jowo Rinpoche combined with Aspirations and a Means to Receive the Four Empowerments (jo bo rin po che la gsol 'debs smon lam dang 'brel bar dbang bzhi len tshul)
- English translation: A Prayer to Jowo Rinpoche combined with Aspirations and a Means to Receive the Four Empowerments. Translated by Adam Pearcey, 2017.
- Colophon: In accordance with a request from the devoted student Chökyi Drakpa, who was accumulating prayers of aspiration before the Jowo statue of Śākyamuni, this was written by Khyentse Lha (Jigme Lingpa), scion of the conquerors.
- (mdzad bcu dbang bzhi dang sbyar ba)
- (rdzogs smin sbyong ba'i smon lam)
- (gsol 'debs mtshang 'don ma)
- Prayer to Rigdzin Jikme Lingpa Invoking His Previous Incarnations, by Khyentsé Lha (Jikme Lingpa) (rig 'dzin 'jigs med gling pa'i 'khrungs rabs gsol 'debs)
- English translation: Prayer to Rigdzin Jigme Lingpa Invoking His Previous Incarnations. Translated by Gyurme Avertin, 2017.
- Colophon: This was written by Khyentse Lha at the request of a few devoted students, such as Jetsün Jñāna, while abiding in natural rest, leaving delusional appearances as they are, mere rising.
- A Prayer Recalling the Life and Liberation of the Great Perfection Adept Rangjung Dorje (‘Naturally Arisen Vajra’), Jikme Lingpa (rnam thar gsol 'debs - rdzogs chen pa rang byung rdo rje'i rnam thar gsol 'debs)
- English translation: A Prayer Recalling the Life and Liberation of the Great Perfection Adept Rangjung Dorje (‘Naturally Arisen Vajra’), Jikme Lingpa. Translated by Han Kop, with the generous help of Lama Sherab Tarchin from Dodrupchen Monastery. With thanks to Stefan Mang. Edited by Aaron Cote and Adam Pearcey.
- Colophon: To avoid refusing the insistent request of the fortunate disciple from Domé, Jikmé Trinlé Özer, I wrote this with an emphasis on what is positive.
- (gcig chog nor bu lugs kyi gsol 'debs)
- (gsol 'debs le tshan bzhi)
- (rig 'dzin 'jigs med gling pa'i zhabs brtan)
- (zhabs brtan gsol 'debs le tshan gsum)
- (rgyal sras nyin byed 'od zer gyi zhabs brtan gsol 'debs le tshan gnyis)
- Prayer to the Garland of Rebirths of the Dzogchenpas of Eastern Tibet (mdo khams rdzogs chen pa'i skye phreng gsol 'debs)
- English translation: Prayer to the Garland of Rebirths of the Dzogchenpas of Eastern Tibet. Translated by Adam Pearcey, 2017.
- Colophon: Written by the vidyādhara Khyentse Lha in response to a request from Getse Lama Jigme Ngotsar.
- Tea Offering Prayer (ja mchod)
- (rig 'dzin 'jigs med gling pa'i 'khrungs rabs rnam thar nyung bsdus) ()
- (snga 'gyur rnying ma la rgol ngan log rtogs bzlog pa'i bstan bcos) ()
- (chab shog gi rim pa phyogs gcig tu bsgrigs pa mi'am ci'i zlos gar) ()
- Sun and Moon Earrings: Teachings Received by Jigmé Lingpa (gsan yig nyi zla'i rna cha) ()
- English translation: van Schaik, Sam. Sun and Moon Earrings: Teachings Received by Jigmé Lingpa, 2000. Early Tibet.
- An Index of the Vajrakīla Tantra Tradition (phur pa rgyud lugs kyi chos kyi mtshan byang) (3-6)
- Illuminating the Wondrous: The Origin of the Vajrakīla Tantra Tradition (chos 'byung ngo mtshar snang byed（ka）) (5-14)
- A Encapsulating Net: A General Summary of the Higher Activities Which Lead to Enlightenment (stod las byang chub bsgrub pa'i spyi chings drwa ba sdom pa（kha）) (15-24)
- An Empowerment Ritual called Gateway to an Ocean of Accomplishments (dbang chog dngos grub rgya mtsho'i 'jug ngogs（ga）) (25-140)
- An Ocean of Joy and Blessings: A Self-Initiation for the Vajrakīla Tantra Tradition (phur pa rgyud lugs kyi bdag 'jug byin rlabs rol mtsho（nga）) (141-154)
- A Lineage Prayer called The Chariot of Blessings (brgyud pa'i gsol 'debs byin rlabs shing rta（ca）) (155-156)
- Illuminating the Meaning of Tantra: A Commentary on the Prayer in Eight Branches from the Words of the Buddha (bka' ma'i yan lag brgyad 'grel rgyud don gsal ba（cha）) (157-162)
- (phur pa rgyud lugs kyi sgrub thabs rdo rje khros pa'i bcud dum dpag bsam ljon pa（ja）) (167-232)
- (snga 'gyur bka' ma'i bdud rtsi gsang nan gyi 'grel pa（nya）) (233-238)
- (phur pa rgyud lugs kyi bsnyen pa'i las byang bkol ba'i dum bu（ta）) (239-272)
- Invocation for Mantra Recitation ('dzab bskul （tha）) (273-278)
- (sgrub pa'i dus kyi nyul le skrod pa'i pho nya'i dgos bskul（da）) (279-284)
- (mngon rtogs bsdus pa rdo rje bkod pa'i rgyan（na）) (285-300)
- (bskyed rim gyi dogs sel dka' gnad mdud 'grol（pa）) (301-306)
- (bsnyen sgrub thams cad kyi mdzod khang rig 'dzin gzhung lam（pha）) (307-336)
- (tshe sgrub nyi zla'i za ma tog （ba）) (337-376)
- (spros med rgyun gyi rnal 'byor（ma）) (347-350)
- (byug bdug brab gsum gyi sgrub tshul （tsa）) (351-360)
- (smad las spu gri rlung 'khor zhes bya ba ngan sngags nye bar bsnyen pa man ngag ltar bkral ba'i chig brgyud ma（tsha）) (361-430)
- (phur srung lcam dral gyi gnad yig dam can bla chags（dza）) (431-446)
- (dam can nye bar bsnyen pa'i phrin las smad las srog shing （wa）) (447-460)
- (lha dbye'i bskul ba（zha）) (461-462)
- (smad las dam can nye bar bsnyen pa'i man ngag ma mo mkha' 'gro'i zhal lung zhes bya ba gsang ba'i rgya can（za）) (465-476)
- (dam can lcam dral gyi mchod bskul（'a）) (477-480)
- (phur pa rgyud lugs kyi zhi ba'i sbyin sreg bdud rtsi'i thigs pa（ya）) (481-496)
- (phur pa rgyud lugs kyi drag po'i sbyin sreg rta gdong rngams zhugs（ra）) (497-518)
- (zor las gnam lcags 'bar ba（la）) (519-586)
- (sri gnon rgya gram nag po（sha）) (587-596)
- (phan gnod las tshogs rdo rje pha lam（sa）) (597-604)
- Longchen Nyingtik Volume 1(klong chen snying thig glegs bam dang po) ()
For the contents see the Longchen Nyingtik Root Volumes
- Longchen Nyingtik Volume 2(klong chen snying thig glegs bam gnyis pa) ()
For the contents see the Longchen Nyingtik Root Volumes
- The Husk Containing Noble Deeds: The Life and Liberation of Kyentsé Özer (mkhyen brtse'i 'od zer gyi rnam thar legs byas yongs 'du'i snye ma) (5-506).
- Song of the Feast (Tsok Lu) (tshogs glu rdo rje'i gsung byin rlabs can)
- English translation: Song of the Feast (Tsok Lu). Rigpa Translations.
- Colophon: Extracted from the biography known as The Husk Containing Noble Deeds, which appears in volume 9 (ta) of Rigdzin Jigme Lingpa's collected writings.
- Commentary: Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Illuminating the Wisdom of Empty Awareness: Clarifications on the Hidden Meaning of The Song of the Feast (tshogs glu las smon rten 'brel gyi sbas don rnam par gsal ba rig stong dgongs pa'i snang byed) (not in collected works)
- A Concise Account of the Previous Lives of the Vidyādhara Jikme Lingpa (rig 'dzin 'jigs med gling pa'i 'khrungs rabs rnam thar nyung bsdus) (507-512)
- An Adornment of Songs of Realization: A Concise Account of the Life and Liberation of Jikme Lingpa (rnam thar bsdus pa do ha'i rgyan) (513-524). Written ca 1787. A summary of his life in poetic verse written at the behest of the head of the Sakya school, most likely Ngawang Kunga Lodro.
- Selected Writings of the Space-like yogi of the Vast Expanse (klong chen nam mkha'i rnal 'byor gyi gsung thor bu phyogs bsdebs) (525-720)
- Janet Gyatso, Apparitions of the Self, Princeton: University of Princeton Press, 1998: page 310, note 2.
- This and the following is based on Janet Gyatso, Apparitions of the Self, Princeton: University of Princeton Press, 1998: page 310, note 2.
- Janet Gyatso (Apparitions page 273) notes the addendum (Lhasa edition page 454) is by the First Dodrupchen Rinpoche Jikme Trinle Özer, yet it is signed by Jikme Losal Özer.
- Gyatso says the author is uncertain, but there is no real proof it is not written by Jikme Lingpa himself and its inclusion in all three editions of his collected works would suggest it is.
- Among Tibetan Texts, Gene Smith (Boston: Wisdom Publications, 2001), pp. 21-26.