Neten Chokling Rinpoche
Neten Chokling Rinpoche (Tib. གནས་བརྟན་མཆོག་གླིང་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་, Wyl. gnas brtan mchog gling rin po che), aka Rigdzin Gyurme Dorje (b. 5 October 1973) — the Fourth Neten Chokling was recognized by both H.H. the 16th Karmapa and Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche as the reincarnation of Neten Chokling Pema Gyurme. He was born on the tenth day of the eighth month to a family of farmers in Wandipodzong, central Bhutan.
At the age of seven, he was taken to his monastery—the Pema Ewam Chögar Gyurme Ling Monastery—in Bir, India, and enthroned by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche in Clement Town at the monastery Ngedön Gatsal Ling. Before arriving in his home monastery Rinpoche was also enthroned in Rumtek by H.H. Karmapa who gave him the name Rigdzin Gyurme Dorje. He has received the transmissions of the Kangyur, Nyingma Gyübum, Nyingma Kama, Rinchen Terdzö, and Chokling Tersar as well as many other teachings from Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche. Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche, one of the sons of the previous Neten Chokling Rinpoche, participated in the education of his father's reincarnation before transferring to him the full responsibility of his monastery in 2004.
Rinpoche acted in Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche's films The Cup (1999) and Travellers and Magicians (2003). In 2006, he directed his own first film, The Life of Milarepa - Part I (See Exteranal Links below).
Empowerments & Teachings Given to the Rigpa Sangha
- Lerab Ling, summer 1997: Vajrakilaya empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 25 July 1999: Vajrakilaya empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 25 October 2013: Chimé Phakmé Nyingtik Root empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 5 November 2013: essential Pema Khandro (Kurukulla) empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 17 September 2014: Essential Chimé Phakmé Nyingtik empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 28 September 2014: Kurukulla empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 15 July 2015: Chimé Phakmé Nyingtik empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 28 July 2015: Kurukulla empowerment
- Dzogchen Beara, 28 July 2018: question & answer session
- Lerab Ling, 9 August 2018: Netik Phurba empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 27 May 2019, Chimé Pakmé Nyingtik essential authorization
- Lerab Ling, 17-22 July 2019: ngöndro
- Western date provided by Neten Chokling Rnpoche.
- Chokling Incarnation Line
- Pema Ewam Chögar Gyurme Ling Monastery
- Prayer for the Long Life of Neten Chokling Rinpoche